Public consultation events will ensure the community contributes towards the vision of the redevelopment.
The Rockcliffe Community Design Plan (CDP) development and consultation process is anticipated to take approximately 18 months, from fall 2012 through to spring 2014. Major milestones for public consultation events are expected in the following manner:
- reintroduce project
- review recent changes in the community, the city, and globally since previous consultations
- identify community aspirations, ideas, and issues
- present planning ideas and conceptual design options
- receive public responses to those ideas and options
- present and receive public responses to proposed Community Design Plan
- submit proposed Community Design Plan to City of Ottawa for approval
Other public consultation and stakeholder engagement events will be scheduled as further public interest in the Rockcliffe project is developed.
For more details about the City of Ottawa application review process, please visit the city's planning department website.